So you’re looking to move & rent a new house?
It’s really easy to find a place that you love & feel comfortable with. I always recommend searching online, you can look at so many properties really quickly & see what works for you.
There 3 main things to think about when you’re looking for a house to rent:
- Rent – How much can you afford to spend each month?
- Size – How big do you want your new place to be, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms…
- Location – Where do want to live?
How Do I Pick a Good Area to Live In?
We all want to live in different places as we’ve got different needs. Like someone with kids, probably wants to be near a good school & someone single, probably wants to be near bars and cool things to do.
So the easiest way to figure out where you want to live is just to ask yourself a few questions:
- How far do you want to travel to work?
- Do you need to be near a specific bus stop or train station?
- How close to your friends and family do you want to live?
- What don’t you like about your house at the moment?
- How long do you want to stay in your next home?
- Is there anything specific you would like in the next area you move to?
What Are The Best Places to Search For a House to Rent?
Sit back, chill and use the internet to find your new house. I’ve never been a big fan of walking into an Estate Agents and hearing their templated waffle. Be quiet please.
Here are a few websites you should check out to find your next house:
- Zoopla: https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/flats/
- Right Move: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/
- On The Market: https://www.onthemarket.com/to-rent/flats-apartments/
- Spare Room: https://www.spareroom.co.uk/